Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Cherokee Wisdom

My mother, who lives in Los Angeles, and I tend to forward each other e-mails. Most are jokes, but some are inspirational stories and the like. I really enjoyed this one that she sent me yesterday.

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
“Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”


I love the simplicity of the lesson. Your awareness for today is to pay attention to which “wolf” you feed inside of yourself.

Have a great weekend!
~Paul

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Great reminder! Thanks for sharing. :)