Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Thursday, April 26, 2007

E-Mail Enticement

Today's post is adapted from an e-mail that I sent to a client this morning who is looking for equity investors for his business. I have sent him interested parties and then it is his turn to respond to them with more information on his investment opportunity.

It is not reprinted verbatim, but rather I took the main points to share with my readers.

I have some tips I would like to share for when you respond to potential investors. I believe professionalism is quite important. When communication is carried out over e-mail, there is not the opportunity to wear a suit and portray one’s self as professional; instead it is shown through our writings.

Your first e-mail to a potential investor is important; this is their first impression of you. Part of what they are considering investing in (a major part) is you. Thank them for their interest, welcome any questions, provide your contact information in addition to your signature block, give them a bit more of the story, ask what they are looking for, ask what else you could provide for them, check the spelling in your e-mail and the subject line, etc.

I believe if you provide a good presentation in your e-mail, it will entice potential investors more than a “here is the information, do with it as you want” approach.

The awareness for today is to think about how you portray yourself in person and in written communication.
~Paul

No comments: