Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Action Items

I just left an almost five hour finance/budget meeting. One would think I would be exhausted, and I am, but I am also quite energized. Quite a few things came up in the meeting that require follow up or research. Some of those items will be handled by myself and others I will delegate as needed. I feel like I have a lot on my plate, but they are good action items that I know will benefit the company.

The awareness for today is to recognize when we take the time to create task lists and action items, we create more efficiency and consistency in our work day because we have a basic idea of the expectations from our days, weeks and months.
~Paul

1 comment:

Jennie said...

While a 5 hour meeting is a bit longer than I would be excited about, it sounds like a very productive use of time. It is great to have meetings that result in action.

I love making lists as a way to keep organized and on track. I find it very satisfying to have a written list with items that can be crossed off as they are accomplished. I also recently acquired a small white board that I've put up in my office where I keep big projects listed along with their deadlines. It is nice to be reminded by just looking up from my desk that there are big projects that I'm working on alongside the day-to-day tasks.

Thanks for sharing, Paul.