Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Good Intentions

I really appreciate good intentions. However, they must be taken with a grain of salt, as good follow-through is more important than good intentions.

I know many people who want to do good, but they set goals and make promises that they cannot keep. Everyone is allowed a certain amount of leeway, but after a few missed deadlines or broken promises, it is difficult to take someone at their word regardless of their intentions.

The awareness for today is to be someone who follows through with his or her promises. Strive to do that which you commit to doing.
~Paul

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Again, a very relevant posting for me. Earlier today I realized that I am very behind on responding to voicemail messages. My voicemail currently says that I will respond within 48 hours. I recently lost an employee, and have absorbed her job into mine while we search for a replacement. I have not been able to fulfil my 48 committment to return calls due to the volume of calls, emails, and other work. I had intended to change my outgoing message today and got too busy and it didn't happen. This is a good reminder that I need to do that so that I'm not leaving people with a false impression of what I can do for them. :)