Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Accepting Mediocrity

I am quite disappointed to observe that many people are satisfied with mediocrity. Just getting by is enough for a lot of people I speak with. I don't simply mean financially, but with their work and even career and life goals. I have always been quite ambitious and if I am going to do something, I want to do it to the best of my ability. I want to feel proud of the work I accomplish, the goals I set for myself and my personal achievements.

Too often do I see people just skating by and figuring that is enough for them. When did people stop caring about being the best they can be? Did they ever or have I lived with a false belief that people want to excel?

I guess that is enough to write today...at least it is something. (That is a joke for those of you who don't know me well.)

The awareness for today is to be the kind or person who strives for the gold, not just to simply finish the race without trying.
~Paul

No comments: