Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Getting on the Same Page

For the past couple of months now, I have been struggling with an organization that I am involved with. I very much believe in the organization, but I would like to see some changes as it moves forward. I am very vocal about my opinions and I tend to be quite straight forward. Others in the organization do not seem to be voicing their opinions. I felt that perhaps it was time for me to move on.

I decided to speak to others in the organization to see if I was on the same page as them or not. I received an unexpected amount of support and learned that I really am on the same page as the others. I was also told that people would speak up more and support me so that I am not the sole instigator in creating some of the policies the organization needs.

The awareness for today is to recognize that not only speaking up, but going out of your way to listen and process with others can benefit you and those others by ensuring you are on the same page. Hopefully you can make some progress today as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos! It's not easy to speak up for things we believe in. Life lessons abound, I'm reminded as you write. Thanks for being candid and open with a roomful of strangers. Thanks for reminding us to speak our truth. The outcome's almost mute.