Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Monday, February 26, 2007

Just Answer the Questions

For a couple of weeks now I have been waiting on responses to specific questions I had on a debt financing deal for an international hotel. I sent a few reminder e-mails and was told the information was being collected.

Well, this morning I received a presentation on the deal and some new, general information. I thanked the associate for the update, but I sent back the EXACT same six questions I had already asked.

Either they are trying to avoid my questions or they are not reading my e-mails and simply sending only information they want me to see. This will not go on for very long. I sent the followup information to a private investment bank that I enjoy working with. I know that it will be read, but if my questions are not answered by the promoters of the deal, then my funders will not have any interest in proceeding.

Please be aware of questions that people ask you via e-mail and respond to them. If they are important, they will keep asking for them if you ignore them, then you will be digging yourself a bigger hole to climb out of. If you answer them from the beginning, you will get a much better idea of whether or not you are connected with the right people for whatever it is you may need.

Happy Monday!

No comments: