Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Requests and Responses

Today, as I am trying to update the status of different projects I am working on, I realize that there are quite a few people who owe me responses. This is back to the fact that people send me requests and I reply with the information I would need to move forward and then I don't hear from them again until I chase them down.

I am going to let go a bit and just wait for these people to come back to me. If they don't, they don't and there is no loss to me other than potential income. I definitely have trouble closing out a project without a response. I would prefer a direct response rather than giving up on it because I have never heard back from the other side. The part that really frustrates me is why would the person contact me if they had no intention of following up? I know that it may not be that simple and that they may have been distracted with other work, but come on...have the decency to say so.

Awareness is the key here. Pay attention to what you ask of people and respond when they come back to you.

End of rant.

No comments: