Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Monday, February 12, 2007

Taking Time to Breathe

I know I have written about this before, but it is important to remember that we are human beings, not human doings. I have been swamped all day and it can definitely be frustrating when we can't get to all of the things we would like to accomplish.

When we take a step back and just breathe for a few minutes, it actually helps us in the long run. Think about the last time you were just swamped with work...did you feel you were able to accomplish a lot or that nothing was getting done? Personally, I know when I feel overwhelmed, it does not feel like I am getting much accomplished whether I actually am or not.

When I take that step back and just breathe for a second, I am able to refocus and step back into my work with a fresh outlook. By taking time away from my projects, I am able to give back more to them.

Take the time to make a to do list (I love using Microsoft Outlook's task lists) and see what really needs to be accomplished today. Prioritize the list and check items off when you have completed them to see that you really are chipping away at the list.

Remember, we do not always need to be doing something. We can simply be.

No comments: