Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Monday, March 12, 2007

A Night Not Out at the Theater

This weekend I had planned to see a musical at the Dairy Center for the Arts here in Boulder. A friend of mine had written it and also starred in it. Saturday was closing night and the group I was with was excited to see it. My buddy had bought the tickets online a few weeks earlier and we met up for dinner before the show.

When we arrived at the theater, there was a sign saying the show was sold out. Bummer, but luckily we had purchased tickets in advance. My buddy went to will call to pick up the tickets, but they had no record of his purchase. The show was sold out and since we had no proof of purchase, we were out of luck. The box office staff was not trying very hard to help us either.

People may think I plan too much when I print out receipts, but if we had a copy of the confirmation for the tickets, we would have gotten in before the wait list folks. I would print out one extra sheet of paper that may get wasted and recycled because it is not needed rather than miss a last chance to see a show or whatever else I may have purchased in advance.

The awareness for today is to keep your backup documentation for proof of purchases. You may never know when you need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hear how the show went? Curious to know, actually.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like there was a process failure on the part of the Arts Center. Another good example of big (Medium Sized) businesses not adequately developing processes to keep from disappointing the customer.

Sorry you did not get to see the performance - I would have been pretty upset.

To Your Success -
Rick