Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Monday, April 23, 2007

Efficiency and Patience

I work very efficiently and I am proud of that fact. However, it generally leaves me waiting on others which can be quite frustrating. When working with a client, funder, associate or new contact, there are always a variety of forms and agreements that must be completed and signed. Some of these forms are Non-Circumvention, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NCNDA) which I mentioned in my post here, Fee Agreements, Co-Marketing Agreements and more.

Once I know which agreement is needed, I request any information I may need to complete it and then I create the agreement based on templates I already have in place. I then print it, sign it in color, scan it back into my computer and then e-mail it to the other party for countersigning. The process takes a bit of time, but not too much. I then wait on the signature from the other party.

Currently I have three agreement awaiting countersignatures. One from April 4th, one from April 11th and one from April 17th (this one is still considered current as opposed to overdue). Each of these was already discussed with the other party in advance, so there are no surprises in them. I will not move forward without these agreements in place.

I definitely understand that people are busy and working on many projects. However, these agreements are in place to help them. I know I need to just wait and move onto other projects in the meantime. I definitely have my own issues with impatience; perhaps I will discuss that another time.

The awareness for today is that if you have agreements that you agree with, countersign them and return them to the other party and get your projects/deals moving.
~Paul

No comments: