Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Purposeful Actions

Some people subscribe to the philosophy that if you throw enough crap on a wall, some will stick. These people use that method of thinking in their businesses, for marketing and advertising, joining groups, attending events, etc. It may work well for some, but for others it is better to limit your activities and have the ability to track what is and isn't working. I am not saying to put all of your eggs in one basket, but rather to not spread yourself so thin that you cannot follow up/through or track any of your activities.

This goes back to my post from a couple of days ago about cutting out some of the junk networking events from our lives. I have been conscious about which events I attend, who I am marketing to and how my time is being spent. This has given me a much better idea of what is and isn't working and I am then able to adjust my schedule and activities accordingly.

The awareness for today is to be purposeful in your actions. Pay attention to how your time is being spent and put your attention and efforts into those activities that provide you with a benefit. On a final note, do not give up on trying new things, but don't hold onto them if they are ineffective.
~Paul

No comments: