Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Monday, April 30, 2007

Ultimate Driving Experience!







I have to share a great experience I had this weekend. Being a former BMW owner, and current enthusiast, I was invited to take part in BMW's "The Ultimate Driving Experience." I got to drive the all new BMW X5 (the V8 of course) on a closed track with a professional driver next to me coaching me on how to properly handle the turns and curves. Even better yet, BMW wanted us to compare other vehicles, so I also got to drive the Mercedes ML500 (not quite a BMW, but still a lot of fun!), the Volvo XC90 and the Lexus LX470 (the definite dog of the group). Including instruction, information on the vehicles and drive time, it was a good two hours; well worth my time on a Saturday!

As if that wasn't enough, the event was held in conjunction with a charity fundraiser that I had also participated in last year. The event was the Ultimate Drive® for Susan G. Komen for the Cure event. The event is a partnership between BMW and Susan G. Komen for the Cure. For every mile that I drove one of the available BMWs, BMW gave one dollar in my name to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. According to BMW's website, "Since the program’s inception in 1997, the event has raised over $10 million dollars for breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment programs."

The fifteen mile course was in Denver and included highway and street driving. I got to drive a Z4, 335i, 550i, 650i Convertible, x3, x5 and 750i! If you are interested in learning about any of the models, I recommend checking out Edmunds.com; it is a great site with fantastic information on cars.

To learn more or register for either of the events, follow the links above; you will be able to see when they come to your area and how to register.

Not very business related today, but the awareness for today is to remember and enjoy yourself, I sure did this weekend!
~Paul

No comments: