Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Monday, May 21, 2007

Digital Data

I am currently working on a deal where an associate of mine only had paper copies of the financial statements to share with me. This complicated the situation only in the time it takes to get things moving. Once I look over the information and make sure there are no red flags, I send it on to potential funding sources. I knew that this specific deal would be sent on to a private investment bank that I work with in the UK if it appeared strong enough.

I shared from the beginning, with the associate that brought me the deal, that it would be much easier if the info were scanned in and then sent via e-mail. I recommended going to a local copier's or if a local business were not an option, then Kinko's. He did, and although it took three e-mails to send me the information, once I had received it and felt it was the right type of deal to look at, I was able to forward it on to my UK contact the same day.

The awareness for today is to let technology help you save some time when it can. Going paperless is great for the environment as well!
~Paul

No comments: