Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Job Types

There are huge benefits to using a laptop. Currently, I am in Los Angeles sitting at a small cafe downtown, eating a sandwich and, now, writing out my blog. I have just checked and replied to e-mail and done some research. However wonderful using a laptop is, that is not what I wanted to blog about today.

I have been working with a client that does market research and surveys. There is a lot of cold calling involved. What this has brought up for me, is that different people have different skills and can adapt to and handle situations and jobs accordingly. My mind is great with computers and spreadsheets, but I would go crazy designing, cutting patterns and sewing, whereas some people love that. There are many people I know who do not like their work, while there are also many I know who love what they do. I think it is important to enjoy the activities that keep us busy during our working hours.

The awareness for today is to recognize that we all have different talents and to try and use yours to your benefit.
~Paul

1 comment:

Carole DeJarnatt said...

I definitely agree you should like your work. Without enjoyment it is just a job. With enjoyment it is a life's achievement.

Carole