Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Monday, June 25, 2007

The Waiting Game

I am currently stuck in a bit of business limbo. I have been asked by two different associates if I can help with funding on two different deals. One looks quite interesting, whereas the other would be more of a favor to create a relationship for the future. On both of the deals, I am waiting on my funding sources to see if they are interested and would like more information beyond the initial information provided.

It has been about a week for both, but I do not like to keep people waiting. I have left messages and sent follow up e-mails and I do expect to hear back by the beginning of this week. There is nothing I can do at this point other than to wait for the responses. I have shared with my associates that I am doing all that I can and will contact them as soon as I hear back. No one has complained, so I am not in a bad situation in that sense.

The awareness for today is to recognize that we cannot do everything. Even if we do all that we can, there may be times when we have to wait on others.
~Paul

1 comment:

Jennie said...

your blog is so timely for me! I'm in the middle of a waiting game at work too...trying to schedule several things that depend on others, and all I can do is sit around and wait for them to respond before I schedule other, lower priority meetings! thanks, paul.