Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Problem with Problems

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." - Theodore Isaac Rubin, 1923-

I read this quote and was wowed by it. It is very simple, yet it says quite a bit. There will always be issues, or problems, in business. Even when things are going quite smoothly, little issues pop up. Let the above quote resonate a bit with you; problems occur and we need to be aware of that fact.

A little over a week ago, I blogged on "The Certainty of Change." We cannot expect everything to remain the same and therefore within change we will have problems come up that must be dealt with. If we can remain flexible, we will be more prepared to deal with these changes.

The awareness for today is to recognize that we will all face problems, but if we are open to them, we will be able to deal with them much more effectively.
~Paul

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Paul, again you have a timely statement for me. I'm in the midst of training others on a new process at work, and one of the things I've been telling the trainees is that I expect that eventhough the system seems simple and bug-free during the training, I fully expect problems to arise. I look forward to seeing what may come up. It was fun developing a new system, and it will be fun to see it in action, problems included!