Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Keeping Busy

I know that for most people it is not difficult to remain busy. I find that there is plenty to do each day and that is why it is important to set certain boundaries. Perhaps those boundaries are not working after 7, 8 or 9 or maybe they are to make sure that you take off the weekend or or maybe just Sunday. You need to set those boundaries for yourself.

The reason this came up for me today is that I have been swamped all week and I am still trying to fit in some networking events. As I am sure you all know, the time to look for new business is not when all the old business has run out, but rather while you are busy. I do my best to try and choose which networking events to attend. I have one this afternoon that seems a bit frivolous, but I did tell someone I would meet him there and I want to make sure and help make connections for him. I have passed on other networking opportunities this week as well.

Balance is very important and today I am just trying to maintain that foundation. Sometimes we need be overloaded to remember to take the time for ourselves.

No comments: