Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Monday, June 11, 2007

Dealing with Disappointment

I just learned this morning that one of my mega-deals (those huge deals that would be wonderful if they went through, but are not too likely to) is done; done as in off the table as opposed to done as in closed and funded.

This was the type of deal that you make sure not to spend the fee before earning it because the chances of it actually going through are fairly slim. I try not to get too excited about mega-deals, but that is difficult because, well, they are exciting.

This deal cost me very little time as I just connected the involved parties. I didn't lose much time on it at all.

The awareness for today is to be realistic about where we are putting our time and energy. It is great to have high hopes, but we should always "manage our expectations" as a good friend of mine says.
~Paul

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Disappointment is something I've been working with a lot lately, too. Thanks for the blog...it is a good reminder for me right now.