Latest Headlines

Integrity & Awareness by Paul Burnstein

Friday, January 18, 2008

Attitude

Your attitude can make a big difference towards how you are perceived by clients and customers. If you want their business and act like you want it, that will be recognized. However, if you want their business, but act as though you could care less, that will be noticed as well and most likely they will not be interested in doing business with you.

One needs to work (that is why it is not called play) in order to build relationships, maintain and grow them. Do not take your clients or customers for granted, but rather recognize that without them, you would not have a business.

The awareness for today is to put the extra effort in to let your clients and customers know that you appreciate their business and will do whatever you can to help foster that relationship.
~Paul

1 comment:

Jennie said...

You are absolutely right that attitude make such a difference! There have been plenty of examples in my own life over the years where I refuse to continue shopping at a particular store or won't work with a particular vendor because of the attitude of the people I interact with there.

I was recently at a store looking for a clock with a remote temperature sensor. I used to have one and missed having one in my home. At the store, when I explained what I was looking for, the person who was assisting me asked me "what do you need one of those for, why don't you just go outside?" They weren't interested in even seeing if the store carried the item, and I left there fully intent to not shop there again primarily because of the attitude of this salesman.

Thanks for the reminder that even in small ways, attitude can really impact business.